Friday, May 9, 2008

Missing Mexico

Taco night in action. Look at all those happy faces!
I miss Mexico.
I miss Mexican food.
I miss speaking Spanish.
I miss beans.
I miss good tortillas.
I miss taco tuesday.

SO.... I attempted, accidentally on cinco de mayo, to make my own fish taco night. This attempt was well received, especially by my amigos from California who are also longing for some of the good stuff. I have become efficient (when you make it once a week this will happen) at making salsa fresca and dazzled the Australian's with their first taste of the "real stuff". I concocted an assortment of taco toppings and cooked up some fish we caught recently to create what I was missing so much. Although the beans here are called borlotti(which is an italian bean) and the tortillas here are pretty ordinary (well, that may be an overstatement) I must say that the whole night was a success. It wasn't Fidel's or Tony's Jacal, but it sure did the trick for that craving. Oh, Mexico...sounds so sweet i got to go home.

1 comment:

sherbear said...

¿Donde están los mariaches?