Monday, May 12, 2008

sunrise, sunrise

A bit of peace before the light fully beckons the daily hustle
and bustle of the most easterly city of Australia, good old Byron Bay
Now, why am I awake at this hour, you ask (5:30am)? To see the sun beaming its rays over the horizon? To greet each day with sunny optimism(no pun intended)? To feel the sheer joy of the calm before the storm(tourists, that is, which I am one as well I guess)? To go on one of my jaunts out to sea in search of the big one(fish that is or it could even mean waves too)? These are all really wonderful reasons to get up this early, but no. I am crazy enough to interrupt a joyous, deep slumber in a cozy bed to go to BOOTCAMP!!!! What is bootcamp you ask? It's unlike anything I have ever experienced. You pay to be yelled at and treated like you are in the military. As I was carrying large, heavy rocks from one end of the beach to the other, I came to the conclusion that I was actually enjoying every moment of it. Sick, I know, but what a great motivation.

1 comment:

Lana Marie Moore said...

whoa professional photographer! can i be your assistant?! ha ha. what the heck kind of boot camp... im sure you would love boot camp by the way. lana