Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's clouds illusions that I recall

Pics taken while driving home from school (no, I wasn't the driver). I love clouds, they make a beautiful day even more spectacular.
Each afternoon, I am saved by the bell. Exhausted after a long day of student teaching, I slowly make my way up the highway towards home sweet home. As the endless rows of trees alongside the road send me into another world of thought, I lose track of the drive and make it home wondering how I got there. Scary, I know. Today was one of those days. My day consisted of coaching our school's girl's soccer team (which we won!), having my supervisor come and observe one of my classes (of course he had to watch the class that climbs up the walls like a bunch of ferrell monkeys-no joke), crying after class in front of the supervisor (one of my finer moments), and taking 40 students bowling (probably the best part of the day). This was one of the easiest days I've had during this student teaching, but nonetheless, I am still left exhausted after the long day. Today, instead of driving home, working on lesson plans and writing papers, I drove down to the beach. As I made my way to the beach, I was baffled by how surreal the skyline looked. Clouds of all forms and colors clustered and spread as far as the eye could see. Amazing. I parked my car (which of course I bottomed out, lovely) and started to walk onto the beach. I felt like I was in a painting. I was the only person on the beach (which is more like a large cove). The water was empty, yet glowed a color similar to a swimming pool. The backdrop of trees silently stood without a hint of movement. Two birds harmoniously dove into the water. Time stood still. As my feet hit the water I felt renewed. There wasn't any difference in temperature between the water and the air. That luke warm feel, that almost feels of nothing. And even though the sun was setting to the west(inland), the colors were seaping through the clouds over the ocean. The clouds created an illusion that reminded me of the Joni Mitchell song that goes, "i've looked at clouds from both sides now...but it's cloud's illusions that i recall". Anyways, the moral amongst this endless novel is that..... no matter how exhausted you are, remember to take time for yourself and be renewed (or smell the flowers).

No comments: