Saturday, April 19, 2008

California invasion in Byron Bay


These are the people who flock to my house daily(and this isn't even all of them).  With the exception of Ellie in the front, we are all Californian.  Acacia and I are the only one's who live here(in addition to two more Australians not pictured here).  The others are pretty much squatters who enjoy staying on our tile floors or small couches.  For those of you know how much of a clean freak I am, I am actually handling the invasion really well.  Well, at least I'm not following behind people with a broom, even though the thought has entered my mind.  It's amazing how clean it is, because I don't think the house has been empty since we've moved in.  Although the californian invaders are slowly starting to head back to the states and by next week, the four of us who actually live here, will feel a bit sad and lonely without them.   However,  there is a strong possibility that I might be able to get some school work done.  I must say that having all these characters in our house has been quite the adventure.  Our adventure today included rain, but that's just a given.  We all took a little excursion to the beach for a bit of body whomping, also known as bodysurfing.  The beach breaks on the main beach of Byron can be incredibly treacherous at the right tide(that's a bit of an exaggeration, but oh well).  We took full advantage of it and swam through some powerful shore break.  I swam into a wave that pitched me over the back of the wave and sat me down on the sand with incredible force(don't worry, I'm okay).  It took a bit of time before it would let me up to the surface, which was just in time for the next wave to hit me.  The next wave swallowed me up and rolled me through a washing machine cycle for a bit.  Gotta love it!  It's so nice that no matter how cold the air may be(which isn't as cold as California in the winter), the water is like a bathtub.  The current was so strong, that after riding a couple of waves, we had to run down the beach.  I think that may become my new exercise routine.  I may call it body whomping boot camp.  Anyone care to become a member?! 
xobeck

3 comments:

sherbear said...

Too much fun!!! :) Ma

Lana Marie Moore said...

i want to be a member of the body whomping boot camp! Lana

acacia said...

oh body whomping. i'm pretty sure i got really worked. good times, though.