Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I've always wanted my very own waterfall

This morning I was awaken by the fourth consecutive day of rain. I have become accustomed to the sound of rain on the roof, that suddenly intensifies as though someone has decided to turn up the pressure of the shower head. When it decides to rain at this rate (and you live on a hill) there are bound to be a few problems. Our downhill neighbour isn't too happy to be receiving our water, but he somehow doesn't realise that we are receiving water from our uphill neighbour too. Funny how gravity works! The best part about it all, is that I have a waterfall in my backyard. I have hiked many miles to see beautiful waterfalls, and now I have one of my very own.


Ankle deep in some spots.
Although the chickens have been flooded out, they decided to lay their first egg.
Water seeping through the fence of our uphill neighbours.
Water draining downhill.
Luckily Reggie put in a pathway through the flood.
A view from under my umbrella.
The fence is turning green from all the rain.
Another view from the umbrella.
Gavin's pool is full and ready for a swim.
And as always, a few pics of my favourite subject. 7 teeth and 11 months old.

No comments: