Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Please Read! Thanks

Dear Everyone,

Next week I will be heading to Bali. Of course I will be spending a good portion of my vacation exploring terra amata, but I will also be fulfilling a long standing New Years resolution (to give more of myself to the world). My friends Becka, Amy and I will be spending a few days working in an orphanage. I am completely ecstatic about this opportunity to give a little bit to the world, even if I only put a smile on one child's face. I haven't been this excited about something in a long time, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I have been buying all of the stickers I can get my hands on and gathering clothing from those who can spare. If you get a chance, please check out the website of the orphanage so you know where I will be. And if santa gave you any money that you can't figure out what to do with, I am sure they would love a donation. I think $2 pays for an incredible amount of food and schooling for these children. Check it out.... www.thewinsproject.org
All the best
Becky

1 comment:

Ashley Perry said...

Becky,
I have been excited for you as well since you mentioned it in your last post. Us, Perry's are praying for you gals. Your smile, love and character is going to put smiles on many faces and a new found love of like. Enjoy your travels and your stay at the orphanage. We look forward to your stories.
xoxo