Saturday, May 23, 2009

Wind and Rain can be a pain

The last 4 days we have been hammered by a devastating storm. Many of the nearby rivers have flooded, whole towns have had to be evacuated, and the schools have been shut. The winds reached 130 km/h here in Byron Bay and driving was a bit scary. They sent me home from teaching on Thursday because they were afraid that if I didn't leave, I was going to have to sleep at school. Trees are everywhere and the electricity has been going off and on. We had a small break in the storm yesterday and Janu and I went on an adventure to check out the damage. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera when we drove through the flooded roadways, but I did get a few photos of the waves and him ( I was surprised at how much he enjoyed being my subject for the photos, but he might not enjoy me putting them up online).

Beck, should I do a few turns so you can get different angles

I am done being a model.


Big waves at Lennox Head, but not as big as Tallows.



cheeeeese! self portraits are not easy to take, especially if you only want one chin in them.





2 comments:

sherbear said...

I like the Ninja look...it goes with the bike!

Ashley Perry said...

I love these photos....the one of just the waves is awesome! I am glad you two survived the storm :0)