Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Billy cart races in Bangalow

Good fun in Bangalow... The main street of this quaint little town was turned into a racing grounds for some keen billy cart racers this weekend. The usually busy street was lined with hay bails and enthusiasts of all ages, awaiting the start of the races. It was a fun outing and I took some photos, enjoy.

Feels like a town you would see in the movies

My pal Serena and I awaiting the excitement.
They had a random parade in the middle of the races. Very interesting.
An enthusiastic marching band.

And some racing action.

My favourite are the lougers, trying to be very aerodynamic. Pretty funny to watch how serious some of the older competitors are.

The finish line.
A view from the end.

3 comments:

sherbear said...

I think that looks like heaps of fun!

acacia said...

oh bangalow. i miss that place. and you. and serena. how fun!!

Lana Marie Moore said...

i love bangalow! how fun! can't wait to see you soon!